This series is all about getting to know me in depth. This was a challenge. First coming up with twenty interesting things about myself seemed daunting, than I started gaining moment and found out I’m pretty cool ;). Without further delay here are 20 facts about me, in no particular order:
- I love color! All of it!!
- Watching TV makes me anxious. Siting, doing nothing in a generally omniscient state as the view feeling all the feels, ugh!
- I have a tattoo on my right ankle and plan on getting more eventually.
- I despise the automatic flushing of toilets now common in most public restroom. I understand why they have been invented and implemented, but ugh! They flush too soon, or too often or not at all which leaves you to figure the contraption out. In case you were wondering there is typically a black button or sensor you can press as an override, but who wants to touch that as it is not in a great place to use your foot, which I prefer to use on the old fashion lever flushing commodes.
- I love the smell of lemons, sweet and clean, yum!
- Things that make me smile: Watching birds play in the wind and the lull of the rain while driving under a bridge. (among other things but I <3 these)
- I work full time outside of the home and hope to one day make photography and design my full time gig.
- We named our first dog Mambo because she dances and spins before she poops, silly girl!
9. We did not find out the sex of our baby until delivery, which was un-medicated and 10 days after our projected due date.
10. I met my husband on Match.com. My dad went on our second date and he met my family on our third date. We got engaged 5 months after meeting and married 13 months from our first date.
11. I sing, hum, or whistle John Phillip Sousa’s “Washington Post March” when I’m happy and content. It just pops in my head and bursts out :)
12. My hand writing changes based on my mood or message.
13. I majored in the trombone from West Virginia University (WVU) and hold a Digital Design Diploma from The Art Institute of Pittsburgh Online.
14. I love elephants!
15. I cut my family’s hair to include my own.
16. When I procrastinate I tend to clean the house.
17. I lived in Kansas for 3 months, saw an F4 tornado and moved back to Virginia where I was born and raised.
18. I enjoy eating Skittles and M&Ms together. It’s like eating chocolate flavored fruit!
19. I like my house clean and organized; we have a minimalist (with toddler) vibe going on right now. However when I’m in my creative head space make a mess is where it’s at. I long to have a studio with a door one day!
20. I have worn glasses since the first grade and bifocals since I was 18. While this may seem like a bummer, I love my glasses! I believe my uncorrected vision has influenced my style of photography as I like to shoot wide open and realy play with depth of field. All of which really narrows my focus and point of view with each image.
21. *BONUS* I use a lot of exclamation points (!!). I promise I’m not shouting. I’m just excited or use them for subtle emphasis as typing in bold or italics is not always an option.
Thank you for reading through my list of facts about me. In short, I’m a goober! What would you like to hear more about from my list?
Be Inspired. Love Authentically. Live Boldly.